- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
This was an experimental dish, and thankfully it worked out! My hubby loved it!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
33 people made this
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint chicken stock (using a stock cube)
- 6-8 teaspoons chicken gravy granules
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and brown the chicken breasts. Once the chicken has been seared, transfer to a casserole dish.
- Place the sliced onion evenly on top of the chicken.
- Make up the chicken stock, then add the gravy granules, stirring after each teaspoon till thickened. Add the dried mixed herbs to the gravy mixture and stir.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken breasts, place lid on casserole dish and put in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Serve with mashed potatoes and veg.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (5)
-11 Apr 2013
Used different ingredients.Thought it might be fun to add fresh Coriander...it was ! and later fresh parsley....not finished yet !-25 Jun 2011
Wow, another awesome recipe Keri! I was looking for something for mid-week to use up the chicken and this looked perfect. I added carrots and peppers with the onion and diced the chicken rather than put in whole breasts since my husband usually eats while on the computer so he needs something he can pop into his mouth right away rather than cutting it up. It also gives chance for the smaller pieces to absorb the flavours so you get juicy flavoursome chunks. I decided to cook the chicken in a frying pan but only on a low heat so the pieces were sealed and not browned. I then transferred them plus all the other ingredients and a pinch of salt and ground black pepper to a slow cooker on high heat for 5 hours and then served it with some mash, it was delicious!-07 Oct 2013