- Dish type
This is a delightful and unusual strawberry salad. Pepper and vinegar enhance the sweetness of fresh, in-season strawberries.
142 people made this
- 800g (1 1/2 lb) fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- In a large bowl, toss berries with sugar and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and pepper. Pour over berries and toss to coat. Divide berries among 4 serving bowls and serve. Enjoy!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(144)
Reviews in English (97)
I've been making this recipe from the this site.com from the American site. I stumbled across it when a friend suggested I make it. Simply delish, super easy and very pleasant to your taste buds. I have used in the past pomagranite balsamic vinegar. I totally recommend this fresh and delighful dish. It never stays long in my house when made.-15 Mar 2012
You really need a good quality balsamic vinegar with this dish. I allowed the strawberries to soak in the sugar for a couple hours before serving. Add the vinegar and pepper only just before serving or they will not add any flavour.-24 Jul 2008
This is v good. It'd impress your guests, while being terribly easy to do. I think one needs to soak the berries with the sugar for longer than 10 mins, more like 45 mins if possible - I also added basil leaves, for fragrance. The balsamic vinegar and pepper, served separately for your guest to add himself, gives the sweetness a subtle complexity. Good accompaniment for a savoury breakfast dish.-24 Jul 2008